Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pictures & Routines

Seemingly insignificant photos can bring back so many memories of a specific moment in time.
What looks like just another picture to you can mean a whole lot more to someone else.
I think that might be why I have unlimited amounts of random pictures saved on my computer and external hard disks that I just can't part with. 


The picture above reminds me of the third edition of our yearly old school festival. I didn't even take it myself, but it reminds me of all the time we spent shopping, preparing & decorating, of a possible brief moment of irritation wondering why we even bother ...
And then the first guests arrived :)
Of course there will be a 4th edition!


This picture is taken in our vegetable patch, an experiment that grows a little in size every year. 
I'm not the best at taking care of plants - mine have to survive regular periods of neglect - but so far there haven't been too many casualties.
I'm still optimistic about the harvest - plants seem to be very forgiving.


These two pictures were taken during a lovely little roadtrip to the south of the island. 
It's so easy to get stuck in the routine of working too much and doing too little fun stuff, but it's really easy to break out of it too. In this case it only took a car ride.


Another really easy way to break the workweek-routine is inviting people over for BBQ-nights during the week, for no reason at all.
These pretty flowers grow all around our terrace. They will hopefully witness a lot of dinner parties this summer!

No comments: