Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Visby


After 6 beautiful years I left the island I once called "the first place that really feels like home".

It took me 10 days to go through everything I own, sell or donate what I didn't want to keep, pack & send what I wanted to take with me, and store the things I'd need to collect later.

Leaving Gotland wasn't a hard decision to make. I knew I had to.

Saying goodbye to the people who have been closest to me during those 6 years was great fun,
shaking it on numerous dance floors in celebration of the time we shared.

The closer to D-day I came the more emotional I got ... but the plane left with me on it nonetheless :)

That was 2 weeks ago and I'm proud to report that I'm starting to find my way around my new city.
Brussels will be my home until the end of the year and my time here will mainly be spent doing fun things.

I'll be hanging out with family and friends, 
I'll be exploring & wandering the streets looking for inspiration 
(taking a lot of stops in various coffeeshops), 
I'll be doing a whole lot of yoga in preparation for my teacher training in January, 
and basically allowing myself all the time I need to close my last chapter before starting a new one.

Just like how I always need time to sort my impressions when I come back from a trip
I've been going through pictures,
I've been writing, 
I've been sitting in silence ... thinking, reflecting.

And when I've given everything a place in my heart,
I'll make more plans!


No comments: