Monday, September 22, 2014

Life






You know the feeling when your head is too busy with daily life and too full with random thoughts that there's no room for anything else?
I usually write things down to make space for new things 
but sometimes I can't find the words to describe the things I want to "extract" from my mind 
and they stay in there whirling around until they find peace.

There was no room for new things in my head the last couple of months.
There was no peace either ...

When I flew to Belgium a few days ago 
to be with a dear friend who lost someone very important to her 
I didn't know that being away, being with her and going to the funeral, however heartbreaking it was,
would bring me peace.
The truth is that thinking about death almost forces you to think about life.

I bought a new notebook and started writing. 



No comments: