Friday, January 13, 2012

Discovering Saba - Part 2













Saba is a paradise for divers, hikers, and those who just want to rest.
I want a little bit of everything, so after a couple of days of resting (mostly to recover from my jetlag), a fantastic dive/lionfish hunt with the marine park, and a short little hike to the tidepools I decided it was time to step it up a notch and pack my backpack and explore the Sandy Cruz Trail.
My first thought when walking under an overhang and past that wall covered in bright green moss was that "this is almost just as exciting as diving!" (minus the huge barracuda, the tiny seaturtle, the fireworm, the adult spotted drum and all the other fishies I saw on my dive here)

The views were amazing, as was the feeling I got when I reached the top (Troy Hill) much quicker than the signs predicted :)

Now that my calves have recovered I'm thinking it might be time for a second hike ... Probably tomorrow!


Posted via DraftCraft app

No comments: