Sunday, August 23, 2015

Open Allotment Day

Today was open allotment day here in Visby. Hadn't it been for my adorable neighbour who has her own plot I wouldn't have known, but now I got a personal invite! 
Geared with my old but loyal camera I criss-crossed the paths alongside the different gardens, sneaking up on bumblebees and butterflies, doing my best to take only pictures and leave the berries ...

Due to the water shortage on the island people here are only allowed to water with a watering can, not with a hose, so the fact that so many flowers survive is the result of true love and dedication :)






I came home with a little bouquet of flowers and kale that is now on my kitchen table 


Some days you don't need much more than this to be happy :) but God do I miss my greenhouses!

No comments: