Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Zero Waste Lifestyle

Today I stumbled across a very helpful blog, the Zero Waste Home on how to live a zero waste life.
A while back I posted a song by Jack Johnson called "Reduce, reuse, recycle" but as Bea writes on her blog, we should actually learn to "Refuse, refuse, refuse ... and then reduce, reuse and recycle" ... so Jack, maybe it's time for a new song :D

Here are Bea's tips to help you lower your waste at home, because let's face it ... there's always room for improvement :)
8 categories are covered, including kitchen, bathroom, and laundry & cleaning but one I would like to add is interior decoration - go to flea markets and reuse what others have discarded! (Or come to my shop at Hamra Krog and buy one of my salvaged treasures!)
It's amazing what's out there to find! There's nothing unique about mass-produced prefab furniture is there?


No comments: